Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Still Fighting ... Now the next step


Hello everyone, Sorry during chemo I kinda got busy, sick, and pre occupied so I didnt really blog alot. Chemo kicked my ass .... I never was so sick in my life. My last treatment was August 28th, 2017. I had to be DRAGGED literally to my last treatment. Imagine going to a garage and having about 30 cars running and all you are inhaling is the exhaust, That is how chemo smells and tastes as it is running through you. I was getting so sick the last couple treatments that I just didnt want to go.

I had surgery September 28th, 2017 I month after my chemo was done. I had a lumpectomy and lymph-node dissection. my chemo did its job though, I had a 4 cm tumor in my breast to start with to now after chemo it was no where to be found. Luckily, my surgeon during my biopsy put a chip on the tumor so he could find it when the time came and he cut enough around and out of my right breast that the margins came back great! They got it all! My Lymph-nodes they removed 31 ... 31 ... to my doctor he says that is alot of nodes to have. At the start I had 12 of them on my pet scan that lite up with cancer to just 1 after all my chemo treatment. But now I have to be careful, I can develop Lymphedema . I have tingling and numbness in my right arm, which sucks cause I am right handed.
I will start Occupational therapy this next week and I have my first radiation evaluation this next week.

Below I do have pictures of my surgery areas.
This is my arm pit area from my lymph-nodes 

Below are the incisions from my right breast. This is a week post op so the bruising has gone down. It was black and blue to where now the bruising is yellow and brownish. 

 


To the warriors that did the drug trials and who paved the way for us warriors in today's age have a chance to fight, THANK YOU! years ago my diagnosis of Stage 3 A (A stands for aggressive) would have been a death sentence and without them trying out drugs and doing clinical trials I wouldn't be where I am today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment