Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog .... Grab some water and take a seat this is going to be a bumping ride! My life changed March 27th around 1:30pm. I had just got done having lunch with my middle sister Melissa at the new Portillos in Northbrook. I had a voice mail from my doctor who said he would just meet with me in his office on Tuesday with the results so emotionally I was all set to here them the following day. So, I call the office back the doctor calls me back yet again to tell me I have Breast Cancer. A subject that has touched me since I lost my Aunt Nancy May 27th, 2000 She was 48 ... She was 4 years older then I am at this moment when she passed and she had Breast cancer and 9 brain tumors. So when it comes to hitting home this was the closest that this diseased as hit until now. 

Talk about rocking my world! 

I just took over a family business that my parents have owned for 43 years. This is suppose to be my time to work hard, make some money, get the store in order of how I would like, and have fun of course. Now, thats up in the air depending on treatment and surgery. I think that is the scariest part of all of this, I am the head person that knows everything at the store and now I am making sure all my ducks are in a row before I start treatment to make sure the start of season goes smoothly. 

1:30pm Monday March 27th it all changed, The moment of shock lasted for 2 days. The WHY THE HELL ME moments. The crying, I cried myself out of tears. 
And now the boxing gloves have come on to fight. I have 3 kids and a granddaughter to see their futures grow. I have a store to make successful and many friends to make magical memories with. Trying to stay positive is easier to day then to do, I have my reason to be positive of course. I also have my moments of crying and being upset.
I can say " I have Breast Cancer" without crying, it took a few days to accomplish that. 

Now my next hurdle it to do my PET Scan to make sure it has not spread. 

3 comments:

  1. You are strong! One of the strongest sweetest and wise woman I have ever met. You have always been an amazing friend and it's my honor to be yours. You got this girl!! Love ya to pieces������

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl if anyone can beat this its you! You are one of the strongest people I know... I've got your back as do many others! You got this.... Love you Chica! To the moon & back!!!

    ReplyDelete